Infants and children grow and develop differently. It is important for parents to know their children are growing and reaching important milestones. First 5 San Diego’s Healthy Development Services (HDS) provides no cost developmental checkups for children from birth through 5 years of age, and connects children and families to needed services. First 5 San Diego works with some of the best community agencies in San Diego County to ensure parents and other caregivers have the help they need to promote their children’s developmental and behavioral health.
First 5 San Diego’s HDS program provides the following services throughout San Diego County:
- Development check ups, classes, parent coaching and therapy
- Behavior check ups, parent coaching and therapy
- Speech and Language check ups, classes and therapy
- Vision check ups and help accessing free or discounted eyeglasses
- Hearing tests and referrals to a specialist if needed
- Care Coordination is provided to help families connect to and utilize First 5 San Diego’s Healthy Development Services
- Parent Education, Support and Empowerment workshops and referrals
- Understanding Your Child’s Behavior workshops and referrals
- Referrals to other services are provided if needed.