Each First 5 county commission is required to adopt a strategic plan that establishes a framework for how the commission will support and improve early childhood development locally. The desired results and strategies identified in San Diego County’s plan are developed through processes that include significant community input from key stakeholders, including community members and professionals. The strategic plan is reviewed each year and revised as needed to ensure that the plan addresses the most pressing needs of children, from the prenatal stage through age 5, and their families.
The Commission produced its first strategic plan in 2000. Through implementation of the strategic plan, the Commission aims to create lasting, positive change in our community.
- FY2021-22 Strategic Plan Review
- First 5 San Diego Roadmap for Systems Change 2020-2025
- First 5 San Diego Strategic Plan Summary Report 2015-2020
- First 5 San Diego Strategic Plan 2020-2025 (new)
- First 5 San Diego Strategic Plan Snapshot 2020-2025
- First 5 San Diego Strategic Plan 2015-2020
- First 5 San Diego Strategic Plan 2010-2015
- Appendix C Community Needs Assessment Report