Newsletter May – June 2015: Recipe of the Month – Crunchy Banana Pop!
Recipe of the Month – Crunchy Banana Pop!
Ingredients (Makes 4 pops):
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup granola, or other cereal
- four popsicle sticks
- Cover a small baking sheet in waxed paper and set aside.
- Lightly crush cereal using your fingers.
- Cut bananas in half and peel them.
- Gently push popsicle sticks about 2/3 of the way into the cut end of the banana halves.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons yogurt onto banana and spread it around creating a thick and even layer of yogurt over the surface of the banana.
- Sprinkle about a quarter of the cereal on the banana lightly pressing the cereal into the yogurt. Make sure to coat the yogurt completely with cereal.
- Lay the yogurt and cereal covered banana on the waxed paper covered baking sheet and start on the next banana. When each banana is covered place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
Source and Photo Credit: Pinterest