This tastes just like the canned version, but with more control over ingredients you
can be sure of what your child is eating. Make a doubled batch and freeze to have
on-hand for lunch when children are home for the summer.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice bread
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup small pasta, uncooked
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set slice of bread in a medium bowl and pour milk over it to soften. Add ground meat, salt and egg and combine well.
- Form meat mixture into small meatballs – about 1/2 teaspoon each. Drop into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain well. Set aside with meatballs.
- Combine soup, water and Parmesan and heat through. Add pasta and meatballs and serve.