STUFFED ALMOND BUTTER & STRAWBERRY JAM FRENCH TOAST KABOBS
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
- 8 slices challah bread (about 1-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup fresh almond butter (I prefer it ground right fresh out of the machine)
- 1 cup thinly sliced strawberries + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 7 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons light butter
- 1/4 good maple pancake syrup (optional: add more syrup for drizzling)
- Lay all of the bread slices onto a flat surface and spread 4 slices with almond butter and 4 slices with Jam.
- Layer strawberries evenly on the jam piece.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with cinnamon mixture and then place the other slice of bread creating sandwiches. (You should have 4 sandwiches all together.)
- In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs, milk & vanilla.
- Place sandwiches in to the egg mixture pressing down to saturate as much as possible; flip to douse both sides thoroughly.
- Heat a large skillet and melt butter over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. (Press down with spatula to seal the sandwiches)
- Remove from pan and place on a cutting board.
- While still warm, using a pastry brush, coat each sandwich with maple syrup.
- Cut into even sized squares and thread onto skewers. (Feel free to alternate with whole fresh strawberries)
- Drizzle warm maple syrup on top and Serve!
(Source: Circle of Moms, by POPSUPER)
CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots (approximately 4 medium)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 14.5-oz. can chicken broth
- 10.5-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour (optional: use for a thicker sauce)
- 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2 ½-quart round baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, peas, onions, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are soft and the onion is fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, soup, milk and flour (if using). Mix well and cook over medium-low heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the skillet into the prepared baking dish. Cover with the pie crust, letting the edges hang over the sides of the dish. Using a sharp knife, cut a few slits into the dough. Place baking dish on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut pizza-style and serve warm!
(Source: Pip and Ebby)