Use cookie cutters to shape the melon and cheese for these snack kabobs.
Ingredients (Makes two servings.)
- 4 cantaloupe or honeydew melon slices
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese slices
- 4 fresh blackberries
- 4 whole fresh strawberries
- Use one to one-and-a-half-inch cookie cutters to cut shapes out of cantaloupe, honeydew slices and cheese.
- Thread fruit and cheese onto four small skewers.
- Place in a flat storage container and chill until serving time (or up to 24 hours).
Servings Per Recipe: 2; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 30, Fat, total(g): 1, chol.(mg): 4, sat. fat(g): 1, carb.(g): 2, fiber(g): 1, sugar(g): 2, pro.(g): 2, vit. A(IU): 534, vit. C(mg): 11, Thiamin(mg): 0, Riboflavin(mg): 0, Niacin(mg): 0, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg): 0, Folate(µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg): 0, sodium(mg): 54, Potassium(mg): 65, calcium(mg): 71, iron(mg): 0, Mark as Free Exchange(): 0, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
|First 5 San Diego is always looking for healthy recipes. Like us on Facebook @first5sandiego and message us your healthy recipe for a chance to win some great prizes. We may even feature it on our Healthy Start Website. Also, follow us on Instragram @first5sandiego and Twitter @first5sd and share photos of your creative, kid-friendly healthy meal and hashtag #first5sandiego.|